The McLendon-Chisholm Volunteer Fire Department, a non-profit organization, exists to provide a professional level of fire safety, life safety, and first responder emergency medical services to the people and property within the McLendon-Chisholm Volunteer Fire Department response area, to prevent or minimize pain, suffering, or loss of life and property.
This will be accomplished through the utilization of our members with aggressive training and modern equipment and a mutual aid cooperative agreements with neighboring departments in order to provide the highest quality of service and a commitment toward excellence.
- MCFD Station 1, located at 1250 S Hwy 205, is staffed Monday-Saturday 7am-7pm with two certified fire fighters (and in most cases also certified Emergency Medical Technicians).
- This staffing enables much quicker response in virtually every instance. We are able to respond more quickly for medical calls, motor vehicle accidents, grass fires and in most cases even structure fires.
- A huge thanks goes out to the Citizens of McLendon-Chisholm and to the city council for their support in bringing this level of public safety to the citizens within our fire district.
- The McLendon-Chisholm Volunteer Fire Department is a non-profit volunteer fire department contracted to the City of McLendon-Chisholm and Rockwall County for services. The department is currently comprised of eight certified firefighters, two probationary candidates and one support member.
- We operate two stations, two engines and two wildland fire trucks.
- Station 1 – 1250 S State Hwy 205, McLendon-Chisholm
- Station 2 – 10685 S. FM 548, Royce City
- Our district covers 32.3 square miles of Rockwall County which makes it the largest district by area of the five volunteer fire departments in Rockwall County.
- We respond to all fire calls, first responder (medical) calls, motor vehicle accidents and natural disasters. We also provide mutual aid to the surrounding fire departments of Rockwall, Heath, Fate, Royse City, Forney, Terrell and Union Valley.